Breaking up an artistic text with a macro

I am using CorelDRAW X7. I want to use a macro to break an artistic text into its indvidual characters (not curves).
The demonstration macro below creates the string "123 456 789" and tries to do the breaking using BreakApartEx.
But this only breaks the string at the spaces, and the ShapeRange, which the function BreakApartEx should produce according to "Help",
only consists of a single shape containing "123", the other two shapes containing "456" and "789" are not members.
By naming the original shape, I can break those up with more calls to BreakApartEx.

So how should I procede to get a collection of all the individual characters (in this case nine)?

How can I check wheather a string is breakable like the one given or not breakable (as "1")?
CorelDRAW can distinguish the two cases: If I try breaking a string manually using the command "Object | Break Apart",
then this command is active if the selected string contains more than one charakter, but grayed out otherwise.

By the way, is it possible to *permanently* enable the button for "Macro Editor", some registry setting perhaps?

Sub BreakCreativeTextApart()
    Dim i As Long
    Dim AT As Shape, shp As Shape
    Dim Brk As ShapeRange

Set AT = ActiveLayer.CreateArtisticText(20, 20, "123 456 789", , , "Times New Roman")
    AT.Name = "Digits"
    Debug.Print AT.Name, AT.Type

Set Brk = AT.BreakApartEx
    For i = 1 To Brk.Count
        Debug.Print i, Brk.Item(i).Type
    Next i

For Each shp In ActivePage.Shapes
        If shp.Name = "Digits" Then
            shp.BreakApartEx
        End If
    Next shp
End Sub