zooming while drawing a freehand mask, results in invisible mask

Since I know PHOTO-PAINT (since version X4), it is a problem to zoom (mouse wheel) during drawing a freehand mask. A few month ago I bought CGSX7, and thought that this problem should be fixed - unfortunately not.

Detailed Problem:

The drawn freehand mask get invisible if I zoom with the mouse wheel while the mask isn't finished/closed. If I make another click to draw the next line of the freehand mask, the shown frame of the mask isn't the frame i really drew - the now shown mask is a combination of the last set point, the start point and next-point.

Is this a volitional behavior of PHOTO-PAINT? If so, please can someone explain me what's the idea behind this "malfunction"? Is there a bugfix or workaround?

best regards

Markus

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Mark,

I get the same behavior in PP X6.   (I'm assuming that you are using the Freehand Mask since you refer to points.)

Most likely, this odd behavior comes about because you are switching tools (mask to zoom) in the middle of making the mask.  I doubt that the programmer was even aware of this use of the tools.  The chance of getting this changed is equal to zero.

I use a simple work around.  Put the mask tool in the additive mode.  Double click to finish the mask.  Zoom.  Continue with a new section of the end mask.

Phil

Children