Can't publish website? Help

Hi, I have built a couple of websites to send off to our server but each time I try it just crashes. I have tried creating a new one, I have tested my settings for the server and it says they are successful, I have downloaded Filezilla FTP and can connect to the server using the same settings??? Nothing is as straightforward as it seems but I have persevered only to find I can't load a site, is this a common problem? I think it just doesn't work. I have read the 'help' files, which aren't very, but have found that I can't load it to the server any other way, at least I don't think so.. has anyone out there got any suggestions as I'm beginning to think I have made a bad choice with these programs???!!!

Wardy

Parents
  • Hi again,

Sorry I should not knock the program you might like it.

Wardy said:
    and can connect to the server using the same settings???

The server has FTP access, that is how you upload the files.  ftp:yourdomain.com and a user/password. You should be able to upload the files once you sign in. In most cases you see your files on the right and the server on the left. On the server you will see a few files and some you might not be able to upload to, you want the live folder which might be named something like "httpdocs" When you say you can't load to server what exactly do you mean, step by step.

Can you sign in?

What do you see?

What folder are you trying to load your files to?

Do you have ftp access, some have to load via an admin panel?

Reply Children