Hie Corel Drawers! My name is Ritch..from South Africa...Please help...whats the best way to design a website in Corel and export it to Adobe Muse? Thanks

Hie Corel Drawers! My name is Ritch..from South Africa...Please help...whats the best way to design a website in Corel and export it to Adobe Muse?
Thanks

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Ritch,

I think muse is a "no code" do it yourself type of on line system, never used it. One of the many reasons is why look like a rubber stamp of everyone else. A web site presents you and your business to the world, it should be custom crafted to you.
    I have hundreds of web sites on my servers from simple mom and pop businesses to highly interactive and very expensive sites. Think twice about using WordPress. I have a few accounts that like it but because it's data base driven it is subject to ongoing hack attacks and you have to update, patch security issues on a regular basis. If you are not a blogger it is loaded with junk code you don't need. There are much better ways. Most all the do it yourself "without code" sites are not a great idea.

First place to start designing in in your head.

I do use Draw to 1) create a "storyboard" for my projects. 2) Then create the assets (pieces, design elements) that will go into the site (making them the exact size to fit in like a puzzle piece. From there I take it to Photoshop for final tweaks, effects, optimization for the web. For creative work Draw Rocks!

I do my assembly in Dreamweaver using lots of extensions to properly apply "responsive codes" to the site so it plays well on all devices. Design has become a bit more challenging with the responsive component added in that your site on a mobile device will turn into a single column so you need to consider that in your design. It does make a big difference. You got to look good on both.

For the accounts that want to "self edit" their sites I suggest Adobe Contribute after it's built right, it is easy to use, no code but it relies on the site's code so if you build it right, all is well.

I have found that all these "no code" do it yourself sites create bloated unnecessary codes, are not very search engine friendly., get you frustrated and then it's all about them selling you pay per clicks. These days Google considers "user ease of use" in indexing so if you got bloated junk or things like "Flash" that do not play on all devices you take a listing hit.

I will share with you 2 sites I currently have in production, they are not finished yet, far from and on beta sites. Look at them on a laptop and then a phone so you can see what I mean. They look real cool on both. They are far from finished and most of the images are weak placeholders that I will replace once the functions are correct.

Simple site for a high end Cake Artist in the Virginia area (Warning this one will get you hungry)
    http://americanmadegoods.net/beta/

High end spa in Pennsylvania
    http://pamspress.net/betar/

And here is a finished complex one with client sign in that has live web cams on actual project so the client can watch the construction and a live video conferencing system. A plan room where contractors can download blueprints, cad, etc. and upload bids. This is a very complex interactive site.
    http://prodc.com/

Most important, have fun
Children
No Data