Rotation of bounding box

Hey,

Does corel have any feature to regularly scale a rotated object, e.g. rectangle? When I rotate a rectangle, handles remain orthogonal, so after that I can only stretch it orthogonally. I'd like to still have option to scale the rectangle along its sides, with no stretching.

I was trying Free transform: Scale, but nope. This won't do.

I've seen similar questions asked in this forum long years ago so I decided to refresh the subject, as perhaps something new came out. I am using corel X5.

Parents
  • For built-in CorelDRAW capabilities, look at the Object Coordinates docker.

It can do some stuff that otherwise can't be done with any built-in tools.

Some things don't seem to work as I would expect in the docker. I might change information in a field, but not see the "Replace object" button become activated until I've clicked into some other field of the docker. That's OK - I know that it has to have some way of knowing that I have changed a value - but my complaint is that not all "other fields of the docker" seem to trigger that refresh.

If I change the value for the width of a rectangle, it's not sufficient to click into the field for the height of the rectangle - but clicking in the "x" or "y" field triggers the refresh needed to activate the button.

Like many things in CorelDRAW, it shows promise, but feels sort of half-baked - and never gets any further attention from Corel.

Reply Children
No Data