FONTS displaying incorrectly in Corel X7

First time post here. I have a weird problem. I recently built a new pc with new windows 10 install etc. Clean install on everything. I previously worked on Windows 7 and had no issues on my old machine. I reinstalled my corel x 7 on the new machine and since then I have had font issues on corel only. i thought it might be a wonky install and reinstalled corelx7 but this did not solve the issue. I have adobe cloud illustrator etc as well and fonts are displaying perfectly on other graphics applications. Its just Corel and since its my preferred graphics programme its a huge issue. I am a graphic designer and this has caused a lot of problems. 

For example - it cant read the garamond font at all and displays it as garble. Fonts such as helvetica are behaving wrong (i would select a normal helvetica neue roman and it diplays it an italic bold ext although the normal is installed) - Swiss BT's bold italic is displaying EXTRA italic (displaying even skewer than it should). These are fonts i have used in client's corporate id's and you can imagine the crisis when i open these files and they are all over the place. 

At first i thought it might be a windows issue untill I tested all these fonts on other graphics apps and realized it was ONLY Corel. No idea how to fix it. I am not sure if Corel x7 is completely windows 10 compatible and if that might be the issue? I am not adverse to upgrading to X8 but i dont want to do this if it is not going to solve the problem. Anyone else experiencing these problems and any suggestions on how I can fix these?