Multiple selection within a group

Does X7 now allow us to make multiple selections within a group? Does it allow for any other new editing features which can now be used on group members, such as transparency editing, or the measurement tool? This is the one thing that puts me off Corel--not being able to tweak or edit individual items or groups of items within a group. Also not being able to use the knife tool once an image has been sized/scaled.  

Hoping to hear this has been changed since my X5...:-)...???

Janet

Parents
No Data
  • Illustrator has a cool feature since long ago that is that you can get inside a group in a similar way as you get inside a PowerClip container in Corel Draw.

just by double clicking on an element of the group, All other objects in the page appear then ghosted and you can only edit the elements in the group. When you are finished, just double click on empty space and you exit the group. Even, if there are other elements covering the group, they are ghosted back when you enter the group so your vision of the elements of the group is not occluded.

You can also navigate inside nested groups, of course.

It is similar to how Macromedia Flash (now Adobe Animate) and other vector programs, even free ones, work with groups and I have been asking for something similar in Corel Draw for years without success.

It should be easy to implement since most of this behavior is already present in the way you can navigate inside and out of PowerClip containers.

In your example of the 10 elements, you would just double click any of them and enter the group, then select the five elements you want to make red, apply the change and double click outside the group.

Children
No Data