Letters to curves - macros for changing letters

Hello 

I was wondering... Is it possible to write a name, then arrange the letters to go over one another (and then weld it, or trim it) and then to make macro for changing letters/names, because if I want to trim or weld letters i must convert it to curves. I made little picture with explanation of my question. Thank you in advance

Best regards

• No that is not possible.
    Once you convert the text to curves, all information regarding font and characters is lost.

Maybe you can create a macro to work the other way:
    After writing the text, execute the macro to create the intersecting object and weld them together.

Or maybe you could make it work on a copy and keep the original text (which in my opinion would be the easiest way to do it, even if you have to do it manually)?

Tip: You don't have to convert the text to curves before welding unless you're working with Paragraph text.
    Simply select the text and the object and weld.
    Adding a shortcut key to the weld command will also save you a couple of clicks.
  • You can write all your texts (names) and then run macro that will browse through active page find all texts, create underline to texts (somehow defined, in my sample code it’s based on source text bounding box dimensions) and weld this underline with duplicated text (then you get one object in curves underlined name) and under that object you will still have original texts.

Sub test()
    Dim ul As Shape, sh As ShapeRange, s As Shape, sc As Shape, w#, h#, x#, y#
    Set sh = ActivePage.FindShapes(Type:=cdrTextShape)
    ActiveDocument.BeginCommandGroup ("underline")
    For Each s In sh
    If s.Text.Type = cdrArtisticText Then
    s.GetBoundingBox x, y, w, h
    Set ul = ActiveLayer.CreateRectangle2(x - (0.5 * w / 20), y - (0.5 * h / 10), w + (0.5 * w / 20), h / 10)
    ul.Fill.CopyAssign s.Fill
    Set sc = s.Duplicate.Weld(ul)
    Else:
    End If
    Next s
    ActiveDocument.EndCommandGroup
    End Sub

Best regards

Mek