I fail to understand the bezier system in CD

I'm an Illustrator user just starting out with CD and theres a basic thing that I dont understand how to accomplish.

I want to create a number of nodes and then convert one of them to a curve by pulling out two bezier handles from one the node.

In illustrator, I would use the pen tool to create the anchor points and then click on one of them using the convert anchor point tool to pull out the bezier handles.

Whats the equivalent method in CD?

I realize that this is a really basic question, but I looked at several tutorials and they only discussed other methods of creating curved lines.

(Such as pulling out the handles WHILE creating the node using the pen tool. Or using the fillet option, thus creating two separate nodes.)

Can someone help me out?

Parents
  • Hi Cropher,

It's not too bad.  In fact, it's the only drawing tool that I can use.

1.  Draw Bezier path as a series of clicks.  I don't drag since it never gives me what I want.
    2.  Select the SHAPE tool from the tool box.

3.  Encircle nodes to be changed.  They become highlighted.

4. On  the property bar, select the CURVES mode,

5.  On the property bar, select the type of node that you want.  Most likely, the choices are the same as in Illustrator.

6.  The handles can be hard to see in some situations.  You can also click on the Bezier path and push the path to where you want.
    The choice of nodes will smooth out the curve.  However, it may still contain unwanted ripples.  I delete as many nodes as possible to get the smoothest result.

Phil

Reply Children
No Data