Bitmap Ghost Border Lines in CorelDRAW X7 - Any solution?

To start, here is my current setup:

CorelDRAW 17.6.0.1021 64 bit

Windows 10 64 bit

CPU is an Intel Skylake i5 running at 4.4ghz

32gb RAM

GeForce GTX 970

The printers I am using currently are:

Epson Photo Stylus 1400 and an HP Laserjet 5000n, the problem occurs on both printers.

This has been happening to me for quite some time and I've tried about everything I can think of (short of downgrading to an older version of Windows/Corel).

I'll attach an image. The film on the left is a bitmap image converted to a black/white bitmap with Vector text above for the work order number, center line, and details.

The image on the right was converted to black and white bitmap, including the text and center mark at the top.

As you can see, the line appears at the top of the bitmap that is being printed. Sometimes it will run down the side of the bitmap, other times the bitmap doesn't take up the entire design as this one does so it will print with randomly placed lines throughout the vector art, usually starting at one edge of the bitmap.

Has anyone else had this issue with bitmaps on Corel? Any idea where I should look next? It's been doing this on and off since I went to Windows 7 in 2009. I've tried about every print driver under the sun for the HP Laser printer, and the Epson just really started doing it when I went to Windows 10.

I've also tried opening the bitmaps in Photopaint to see if there is some mysterious edge showing that I could erase, but I've found nothing.

I can't be the only one with these issues?

Parents Reply Children