macro for replacing different text

I have labels that have date on them (product date and exp. date) is it possible to create a macro that finds and replace this set of dates with one click? i tried to record a macro to paste the dates but it dosent run correctly (mostly the deleting part of it) . 

What i have to do to be more precise is this : i have a number of products and i must print label forr them for example , label A with date1:2017-10 date2:2018-09 label B with date1:2015-8 date2:2017-07 and so on, all date are going to replaced with the same dates for example label A with date1:2017-11 date2:2018-10 label B with date1:2017-11 date2:2018-10  . Because it is usually around 30 or so labels i whould like to create a macro that replaces if possible all opend files at once or at least with one click at each file. 

I found this

' find toFind in str and replace with toReplace
Public Function FindReplace(ByVal str As String, ByVal toFind As String, ByVal toReplace As String) As String
    Dim i As Integer
    For i = 1 To Len(str)
        If Mid(str, i, Len(toFind)) = toFind Then   ' does the string match?
            FindReplace = FindReplace & toReplace               ' add the new replacement to the final result
            i = i + (Len(toFind) - 1)               ' move to the character after the toFind
        Else
            FindReplace = FindReplace & Mid(str, i, 1)        ' add a character
        End If
    Next i
End Function

Public Sub TextTranslate()
    Dim s As Shape
    ActiveDocument.BeginCommandGroup "Text Translate"
    For Each s In ActiveDocument.ActivePage.Shapes
        If s.Type = cdrTextShape Then
            s.Text.Story = FindReplace(s.Text.Story, "Andorra", "Andorre")
            s.Text.Story = FindReplace(s.Text.Story, "Albania", "Albanie")
        End If
    Next s
    ActiveDocument.EndCommandGroup
End Sub

but didnt seeem to work ( i replace Andorra with date1 and Andorre with the date that i want to be)

Parents
No Data
  • When I try that code, it seems to replace text correctly.

The way it is written, though, it will not work on text shapes that are part of groups.

If you change

ActiveDocument.ActivePage.Shapes

to

ActiveDocument.ActivePage.Shapes.FindShapes

then it will also work on text shapes that belong to groups.

Children