"Independent" Spacing between Lines of Text

Greeting Earthlings, I'm new here, I didn't see these very specific questions previously addressed -- but please excuse me if I overlooked something!

1.) If I create several lines of text in CorelDraw X7, how do I **independently** adjust the spacing between only two adjacent lines? For example, if I select (highlight) those two lines, and then I adjust the spacing, it adjusts ALL the text lines, even the ones I didn't select (including the numerous lines above and below). It doesn't seem to matter whether I used Ctrl+Enter, or just plain ol' Enter either. What am I missing?

2.) In MS Word, the way to do this would of course be to simply create a blank line between two lines of text (or two paragraphs), and simply shrink the font for that blank line (for example, if my written text on the two selected lines is 12pt font, I can simply put a blank line between the two and make that blank line, say, 5pt font. Then I end up with two nice legible 12pt lines (or paragraphs) with a space between them that's less than 12pts. But I can't seem to make this work in CorelDraw -- please tell me I'm just missing something obvious.

Thank you!

Parents Reply Children
No Data