Working with Scale Drawings Help

Hello All,

First off I am not sure CorelDraw can do this, but here it goes.

I have X7 and I want to make some 1/24 scale buildings (and other scales as well).

I know the "real world" measurements. Is there a way for me to design my building using the 1:1 "real world" measurements and then have CorelDRAW re-scale the measurements I want in whatever scale I am planning for?

Example: If I make a wall rectangle 19' x 6' (1:1 ratio) can CorelDRAW re-scale it and show me what the measurements are in say 1/24th scale (in Inches, cm, mm or whatever)?

Thank you for any guidance.

• Not sure if this answers your query, but I was looking at a you tube vid just recently and came across this one on scaling which I didn't know about.. you have to excuse the fact that the guy is kind of using a poor choice of subject but here goes.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnHvl0QtHzw hope this helps.

• When the "WorldScale" for a document is set to something other than 1, that scaling is used on the distance inputs that you give to CorelDRAW and on the distance information that it reports to you (and uses in Dimensions).

In this example:

1. Start with a letter-sized sheet. The scale is 1:1, and the ruler units are inches.
    2. Change the document scale to 1:24.
    3. Draw a rectangle. Check the dimensions, and see that it is about 200 x 120 inches.
    4. For convenience, change the ruler units to feet. Now the rectangle reports as abut 17 x 10 feet.
    5. Set the rectangle dimensions to the desired 16 x 9 feet.
    6. Apply some dimensions. See that they show the dimensions taking WorldScale into account.
    7. Change the document scale back to 1:1.
    8. See that the dimensions reflect this change; they are now showing the "on the paper" dimensions, in whatever units I choose for the dimensions.

VIDEO: working at scale exercise.

That's not the only way of doing that sort of work, but that's a way to work with content that, at 1:1, would be too large for CorelDRAW's 150 x 150 foot workspace.

If your content would fit within that 150 x 150 foot workspace when drawn at 1:1, then you might prefer to work at 1:1. Then, when you wish to see "scaled" sizes, you would set the scale inversely, e.g.,:

1. Work at 1:1.
    2. Draw a rectangle 16 x 9 feet.
    3. Dimension it. Width will show as 16 feet (or 192 inches, or...).
    4. Change the document scale to 24:1.
    5. Dimension for the width of the rectangle will now show as 0.667 feet (or 8 inches, or ...).

A possible disadvantage of this second approach - drawing at 1:1, then changing document scale to see "scaled" dimensions - is that you may have to play some games with the dimension styles - line thickness, font size, etc. - to get them to look right.