CDR file not loading

Hello there!

I have been working on a 10-page file in X7 and this morning I tried opening it only to find that DRAW kept "processing" it for almost 20 minutes. At some point, I realized I could open menus and when I tried clicking on "close" DRAW froze and shut down.

I tried online tools for fixing corrupted files but they kept saying that the file is "empty" or "unreadable". I also tried to open it in X8 on a colleague's PC and in Illustrator but they all said pretty much the same thing.

I know that the file is not empty because I opened it with 7zip and looked around the *.xml and *.dat files and I can see my texts and also my preview pages, so I think it has to do with DRAW not being able to compose the ingredients.

I' m desperate for help, because I've been working on that file for quite some time.

Here's a link where you can download it if you want to take a look.

drive.google.com/.../view

• I think that there is some problem with the styles, but I will not post more until I think I understand it better.

I CAN open the file in CorelDRAW 2018, but saving it back to X7 format doesn't seem to solve the problem.

• In the .CDR zip archive, in the Styles folder, there is a document.cdss file. That is the Styles information, and is a plain text file.

There is a Style Set in there that is named "Basic". If I change the name of that Style Set to "BasicFoo", then put that modified document.cdss file into the .CDR file, I get a .CDR file that can be opened in X7, X8, and 2018:

MANUAL NEAT_el_v1.4 (renamed Basic StyleSet).cdr.

I don't know what renaming that Style Set means with respect to how things are formatted in your document, but it might give you something to work with.