pdf bleeds

This might be a very naive question. I know there must be something wrong with my thinking but i need help clarifying. I am producing a large book in Corel x7 ( please do not ask why i am not doing this in InDesign). I have several full page illustrations, so I will be adding bleed. I fully understand why I need bleed on the top, bottom, and outer edge. I am not understanding what is happening at the inner margins. If i have a bleed there doesn't it run onto the facing page? Here is a screenshot of a pdf of one of the spreads and sure enough, the black is running over the page onto the right side. I do not see any option for turning off bleeds for the inner margins. What am i doing wrong? Thanks again for any help.

• The right answer is about binding. If it's a traditional magazine, with half-folded sheets, you don't need bleed, but if it's hot-melt binding individual sheets, then 4-sided bleed is useful. Anyway, if you do bleed on all 4 sides it doesn't cause any problem, it just skips one automatically.