Export Line weight as 2 Hairlines?

I'm sure this is simple and I just can't find it do to searching for the wrong things. 

I have to trace hand drawings then machine them from metal. I need the lines to be a specific thickness. If I export to dxf it's a hairline down the middle of the trace no matter what the line weight was. If I export as jpg then import, then trace I get the exact line weight I needed originally but there are 'errors' from the quality of the jpg. 

How can I get the line weight as lines? Tracing twice would take forever. using offset blurs things and makes a mess of the feature lengths etc.

The top is the manual center line trace with the line weight I need between inner and outer lines etc. The bottom was (Export as jpg, import jpg, quick trace). This works, but adds error to corners and other ares from the quality of the jpg which was set to max values. 

I have to do this multiple times a day.... saving on effort and time would be phenomenalhelp!!

• If I understand correctly what you want to do, then perhaps one way to do it would be to use Object->Convert Outline to Object on the curve that you got from centerline trace.

It won't initially LOOK as though it has done anything, but it will no longer be an outline. It will be a closed curve with no outline, filled with the color of the outline that you started with.