Page # contains objects that fall outside the page - Corel's "I Spy Game".

I see this when exporting to PDF.

I compose with Snap to page yet something falls "outside". Wireframe view gives no clue and Print Preview is the same. So item by item I cut and paste objects to another page, test PDF export to search for the offending piece THAT'S ONLY A HAIR OFF. Time, time and more time playing a game.

Just need one guy in the coding chair to change the message to "I Spy on Page # that it contains objects that fall outside the page". Then it becomes fun .. is it the rectangle? No .. is it the image? No ... is it the border line? No .. is it the glow or drop shadow? No ... is the giraffe with sunglasses on?

NO! >>> JUST TELL ME WHAT IT IS IF YOU KNOW IT'S THERE!

This message drives me nuts and IMHO is inadequate and nothing more than Draw acknowledging a defect within itself as acceptable. Makes it very difficult for me to upgrade. I'm boycotting upgrades until objects that fall outside the page are identified or shown in some manner. Employers and clients only pay for production, not extravagant puzzle solving.

Parents
  • Without see the CDR we only can imagine...BTW I'm not sure to correctly understand your problem

I compose with Snap to page

Snap to page doesn't means to "force" objects to be inside page. It's just a "magnetic" help for align. Let suppose you have a rectangle, and align the left border to the page egde. If the rectangle has a 2 mm outline, and it's centered to the outline, it will be 1 mm outside the page. The "Snap to page" doesn't place the outline inside the page, just align the center of the outline to the page border,

Moreover, if the rectangle has a Dop Shadow around, and it's centered to the object, part of the drop shadow will exceed the page border. Once again, the "Snap to page" will use the object itself, not the "effects" nor outline width. There's a lot of possible situations, such as a cruve that include a handler of a node that exceed the page

On the other hand, if you export as PDF with zero bleed, the size of the PDF will match with tne page size.

A CDR could be useful to a better understand the problem

Reply Children
No Data