x8 FM not finding my fonts?

So i recently purchased the x8 Upgrade (from x5)  and FM is not finding all my fonts?  I'm attaching screen shots to try and help explain what I mean... but I don't know what to do?  I tried adding the fonts folder (and it was being really slow) so I let it run overnight... i came in this morning to find, that it was still "Analyzing Fonts"?  All the fonts seem to be loaded in Corel Connect (although admittedly i still don't understand what corel connect does, see fig 1.) but in FM, it's missing A BUNCH of fonts (See fig 2.).  Since corel support team refuses to help me out in ANY WAY, and will not contact me the way they've said they would numerous times.... I've decided to reach out to you fine folks in hoping to get some kind of answer! Thanks.

Fig. 1

Fig 2.

PLEASE HELP!!! Because Corel sure isn't! [8-)]

Parents
  • The screen shot you attached may not be telling the whole story. But from what you have attached I can explain a few things.

The Connect picture you attached is showing what Connect sees as fonts in a folder called "Fonts" on your desktop. It is not the entire set of fonts you have installed or downloaded from the "Content Exchange".

The one with Font Manager is showing what it sees as fonts that are available to Font manager from an online server called the "Content Exchange". Please note that it is possible for Connect to show more fonts on the Content Exchange than Font manager because Font manager only shows fonts that were shipped with X8 whereas Connect could potentially show you fonts from prior versions of CorelDraw (X6.1+, X7) if you have older versions associated with your account.

Also, if you click on the "Content Exchange" item in font manager, it may cause it to try and check the content exchange for changes. So it may do work right after you click on "Content Exchange". Font manager should not query the "Content Exchange" unless you actually click on "Content Exchange" to delay the network traffic and reduce the initial font manager analysis time. So that might explain the analyzing font message you're seeing in the morning.
Reply Children
No Data