X8 replacing fonts in my files with the wrong ones

I've been searching through the X8 font issues and i cant seem to find a remedy for my problem yet. Im hoping someone can shed some light. Some of the fonts installed on my computer arent showing up correctly in corelX8 when i open them. For example I just opened a file that has Chianti in it, but the file when opened has had the text replaced with a generic Arial type but it still says its chianti in the font list. i have quite a few fonts with this issue. They are in the font list but they are not showing up correctly. i went back to X7 to try and open a file but it has done the same thing in the X7 font list now too. Any ideas?

Parents
  • Arial is the default fallback. Normally, this doesn't happen but in you case, it obviously does.

This usually means that we ask Windows for a font that doesn't exist. For example, if the document is using Chianti Bold and you do not have it installed, it could fallback to Arial.

But that should not happen since normally, the font mapping dialog should kick in.

Embedded font could play a role there too. You could try resaving the file turning off embedded fonts.

This could also potentially happen if you have some kind of "slyle" problem. For example, you test is using style 2 which turns on bold and is a children of style 1 which is using a font face that doesn't support bold.

Please keep a copy of the original file and send it to me : claude.peloquin@corel.com. I'd like to have a quick look at it.
Reply Children