Font manager causes crashes

I was in error in posting the statement that has been deleted.

my apologies.

Corel did respond with this:

Tec support at (Corel) responded

Oct 21, 00:46 EDT

Bob Harvey,

Thank you for contacting Corel Technical Support.

My name is Charles and I have been assigned to your ticket.

I understand where you are coming from and I am sorry to hear that you are having a crashing issue with the program.

Regarding your concern, I recommend that you reset the program to default settings and install the latest patch.

Corrupt workspaces may lead to problems with the stability and/or operability of the application and in some circumstances can prevent the application from launching. To restore default settings in CorelDRAW and PHOTO-PAINT, do the following:

METHOD 1
1. Hold down the F8 key on the keyboard.
2. With the F8 key depressed, launch either CorelDRAW or PHOTO-PAINT
3. The following message will appear:
4. Are you sure you want to overwrite the workspace with the factory defaults?
5. Click Yes and release the F8 key.
Note: Some newer keyboards have an "F Lock" key that must be pressed first to activate the Function keys on the keyboard.

METHOD 2
1. Go to Start.
2. Click Run.
3. Note: Windows Vista / 7 users can use the Start menu search box.
4. Type %appdata% and press Enter.
5. Open the Corel folder.
6. Right-click the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X# and choose Rename.
7. Change the name to CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X#.old.

Install the latest patch of the program at this link.

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 – Update 1

http://www.coreldraw.com/en/pages/patches/cdgs/x8/

Update 1 of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 includes the following performance and stability improvements (formerly released in service packs).

· When you double-click CorelDRAW files that contain text, they now open much faster.
· Corel Capture captures the cursor as expected when the Capture cursor option is selected.
· Small issues with several CorelDRAW® and Corel® PHOTO-PAINT ® icons have been resolved, including improved icon display
when the dark or the black theme is selected.
· Application cursors appear at the right size when you increase the font size of the operating system to 125%.
·Printing a CorelDRAW document to a Device Independent Postscript file no longer causes the application to stop
responding.
· The color pickers are fully functional when you first launch CorelDRAW or Corel PHOTO-PAINT.
· All images on the Welcome screen are resized properly when you change the scaling level of the application UI.
· When you sample mesh fill colors in a PowerClip container, the sample now picks up the mesh fill colors, not the
colors of the container.
·Mesh fill colors match the document color mode.
·The Font list box in CorelDRAW is displayed without delay when you monitor large font folders in Corel Font
Manager.
· Gradient midpoint settings are preserved in PDF files imported in CorelDRAW.
· CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 can be installed if Visual Studio C++ Redistributable 2015 Update 2 is already installed.

Note: Update 1 also includes Hotfix 1, which addressed issues that caused the applications to stop responding, run slowly, or open certain CorelDRAW documents with a single blank page.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,
Charles
Corel Technical Support Services

-----------------------

Charles Forte (Corel)

Oct 21, 00:46 EDT

Bob Harvey,

Thank you for contacting Corel Technical Support.

My name is Charles and I have been assigned to your ticket.

I understand where you are coming from and I am sorry to hear that you are having a crashing issue with the program.

Regarding your concern, I recommend that you reset the program to default settings and install the latest patch.

Corrupt workspaces may lead to problems with the stability and/or operability of the application and in some circumstances can prevent the application from launching. To restore default settings in CorelDRAW and PHOTO-PAINT, do the following:

METHOD 1
1. Hold down the F8 key on the keyboard.
2. With the F8 key depressed, launch either CorelDRAW or PHOTO-PAINT
3. The following message will appear:
4. Are you sure you want to overwrite the workspace with the factory defaults?
5. Click Yes and release the F8 key.
Note: Some newer keyboards have an "F Lock" key that must be pressed first to activate the Function keys on the keyboard.

METHOD 2
1. Go to Start.
2. Click Run.
3. Note: Windows Vista / 7 users can use the Start menu search box.
4. Type %appdata% and press Enter.
5. Open the Corel folder.
6. Right-click the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X# and choose Rename.
7. Change the name to CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X#.old.

Install the latest patch of the program at this link.

CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 – Update 1

http://www.coreldraw.com/en/pages/patches/cdgs/x8/

Update 1 of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 includes the following performance and stability improvements (formerly released in service packs).

· When you double-click CorelDRAW files that contain text, they now open much faster.
· Corel Capture captures the cursor as expected when the Capture cursor option is selected.
· Small issues with several CorelDRAW® and Corel® PHOTO-PAINT ® icons have been resolved, including improved icon display
when the dark or the black theme is selected.
· Application cursors appear at the right size when you increase the font size of the operating system to 125%.
·Printing a CorelDRAW document to a Device Independent Postscript file no longer causes the application to stop
responding.
· The color pickers are fully functional when you first launch CorelDRAW or Corel PHOTO-PAINT.
· All images on the Welcome screen are resized properly when you change the scaling level of the application UI.
· When you sample mesh fill colors in a PowerClip container, the sample now picks up the mesh fill colors, not the
colors of the container.
·Mesh fill colors match the document color mode.
·The Font list box in CorelDRAW is displayed without delay when you monitor large font folders in Corel Font
Manager.
· Gradient midpoint settings are preserved in PDF files imported in CorelDRAW.
· CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8 can be installed if Visual Studio C++ Redistributable 2015 Update 2 is already installed.

Note: Update 1 also includes Hotfix 1, which addressed issues that caused the applications to stop responding, run slowly, or open certain CorelDRAW documents with a single blank page.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards, 

Corel Technical Support Services

-----------------------