X8 Home and Student

I installed this yest4erday on a Windows 10/64 system (although it did not give me the 64 bit option). Despite the promises on the box, I can't find anything that relates to the free "AfterShot" that is supposed to come with the DVD.

I have looked on the DVD and cannot find anything that relates to "AfterShot" - There was a shortcut to "Aftershot" on the desktop, but this only produced a message to the effect that "The program has been moved or deleted - do you wish to delete this short cut?"

Is there any way to download the program at this stage? Will reinstalling do the job? Or will removing/reinstalling just cause an infinity of problems re registration?

Any help appreciated - I was going to design a few last-minute Christmas Cards for friends...

Parents
No Data
  • I have just installed from online purchase, also expected 64bit but installer defaulted to 32bit but that's another question.......

The 'Launch' dropdown (upper menu, right hand end) has 'Get more apps and plugins.......' option, this opens a window with the option of Aftershot 3 free version download.
    atm once installed and running Aftershot 3 I get an offer to upgrade to Aftershot 3Pro for £15.99.

I have noticed software more expensive in the UK - even downloads, how and why can that be..........

Hope this is helpful, I was on x5 but had the invisible menu problem with win10. sorry first post and runningoff.......

Mick

Children
No Data