X8 crashing frequently in windows 10

Ok, so I've finally resorted to  asking for help here. When I got my copy of X8, I re-installed windows 10 64bit to have a fresh installation. It seemed to work ok, but even early on, it would crash in different areas of the program. For example, today I was simply changing one of the colors in a gradient of a simple design with only 2 words of extruded text thus far, and it closed right down. Now it won't even open back up until I restart the computer. I get the "coreldraw x8 (64)-bit) has stopped working" error and it closes.

This has become more frequent. I'm wondering if there isn't anything I'm missing? 

In case it's relevant, it's the academic version of the software purchased on Amazon. Although that shouldn't matter, maybe it does??

Parents
No Data
  • Academic and the full versions have the same internals so it shouldn't make a difference.
    Chances are you have to reboot because Windows did not fully shut CorelDRAW down and it left a piece of it in memory. To very, right click on the Windows Taskbar and launch Task Manager. Should DRAW crash, verify there are no bits of it left in Task Manager. There likely is, and if so, right click on it and say End Task.

Now, for the crashing....is there always one workflow that seems to make it crash. like what you outlined before? If so, if you can write down the steps to get it to crash we would like to see if we can duplicate that.
Children
No Data