Half finished features?

In another thread, someone mentioned that there was a lot of half finished features in the suite. I'd like to know who else shares that thought and what those features are?

Please be brief and list them here. If someone already mentioned it, feel free to mention your interest in the same one.

For example :

- Styles : not everything can be styled.

Parents
No Data
  • Updated View Modes - Independent Object Level View Modes
    This gives DRAW the ability to view objects on the page at various view modes, independent from other objects, i.e., Object 1: view mode=Wireframe, Object 2: view mode=Enhanced, Object 3: view mode= Enhanced, etc. This feature will also allow for independent Before and After viewing of selected object(s) via Wireframe and Enhanced viewing modes.

Evolved Outline Pen Controls
    More efficiency recently came to the DRAW environment by way of the alignment of outlines by way of the inside and outside of an object. Adding to this efficiency, engineers should also give DRAW the ability to place a gap color in-between line dashes with also the convenience to control its tint percentage, including the ability to have line dashed corners to be aligned evenly on squares, rectangles, stars, etc. I would also like to see a slider added to interactively adjust the outline thickness on objects.

X7 UPDATE 2: Enhancement of "Hide and display objects"
    With the inclusion of the new "Hide and display objects" feature in Update 2, its been long overdue, but i don't find the implementation really that useful. This feature needs to be updated by allowing the Object Manager to also control the display of the objects. Meaning, the Object Manager should be able to have the "eyeball" icon available for each object thats been created automatically, and clickable to allow the displaying and/or hiding of them. The "Hide and display objects" feature in its current state IMO is terrible and SHOULD be improved asap. Also, in a multi-page document consisting of various page sizes, I would like to see DRAW reflect the page size/dimensions beside and/or below the Page name in the Object Manager.

Enhanced Virtual Segment Delete tool
    Give it the ability to delete segments in between nodes with a single mouse click without the need to duplicate and overlap objects. For instance, if i have a path, say 5 inches in length, and nodes are placed equally throughout its length at 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 inches, if i wanted to delete the segments between 2&3 and 4&5, all i would need to do is to simply click between these nodes respectively. In its current state, the VSD tool deletes the entire 5 inch path. Also, when the VSD tool is placed between a node segment, a visual cue should be made present (similar to “Join Curves”)to identify where the deletion will take place. In addition, if one would like to delete multiple freehand segments, the ALT modifier key is added to the equation.

Previews Update - Bleed Preview
    Simply put, a quick snapshot view of how the document page will look when it will be printed with objects hanging past the edge of the page dimensions unto the desktop, i.e. cropped out. View>Bleed Preview. When in this view mode, the desktop dims in color to focus on the actual foreground layout.

Enhanced Text Wrapping/Image Cropping
    Images saved with alpha channel(s) and clipping path(s), i.e. TIFF/PSD/CPT, etc upon import can be used for quick text runarounds/wraps, background cropping, etc. using this Enhanced Wrapping tool/Docker feature. For instance, if three alpha channels are saved within “Image A”, one will have the ability to choose either from alpha 1, alpha 2, or alpha 3 for wrapping/cropping, and the same holds true for the clipping paths as well. Inclusive, will also be the ability to modify the clipping paths bounding shape via the shape tool.

Enhanced Crop tool
    I'd like to see this tool also be given the ability/option to quickly crop the page size, just as it does vector and bitmap objects. In addition, if a crop box is marqueed larger than the current page size, it then crops the page to or within the marqueed dimensions (enlargens).

Updated Smart Fill tool
    As the name states, make it smart :). This can be achieved by introducing of course the very needed Gap tolerance feature that has been mentioned numerous times not only here, but also in the various beta groups that i was apart of throughout the years. Aside from the Gap tolerance setting, there can also be an option to fill either closed or open objects at the objects live path level (the fill ignores all live outlines-its current state), and/or at its outline level(the fill respects the outline width and fills object(s) within the shape respectively). An option can also be made available to fill all open areas within the selected objects(s). Once again, a visual cue could be made present when the Smart Fill tool hovers over fillable areas.

Interactive Boundary tool
    Simply put, this involves the automatic live update of the boundary shape around an object and/or objects. For instance, if a boundary is applied around a group of objects, and one or more of those objects are moved into another position, the boundary shape readjusts and updates on the fly to fit the boundary shape of the new group of shapes. Essentially, objects that are drawn with the Bezier/Pen tool with a boundary applied would also hold its shape as it is manipulated by the Shape tool.

Update of the Liquid tools (Smear, Twirl, Attract, Repel)
    Update needed?, most definitely, or at least in the DRAW environment. The same tools can distort and manipulate bitmaps in PHOTO-PAINT, yet in DRAW they cannot, that shouldn't be the case.

Add Perspective and Envelope tool Update
    Please allow the functionality of Add Perspective on bitmaps, and also the ability for Envelopes to be applied to them. These are essential updates and must haves that need attention.

Docker Necessities
    One of my beta group request for years, was to have every docker that allows for adjustments be given the ability and option to save custom settings, and in which, not limited to the Fillet/Scallop/Chamfer, Bevel and other dockers that users find necessary for such an update. Since i'm at it, and if i must be honest, i feel that the entire suite can use a much needed UI facelift. Something better streamlined and easier to handle the laying out, displaying and custom arrangements of dockers.

Children
No Data