Half finished features?

In another thread, someone mentioned that there was a lot of half finished features in the suite. I'd like to know who else shares that thought and what those features are?

Please be brief and list them here. If someone already mentioned it, feel free to mention your interest in the same one.

For example :

- Styles : not everything can be styled.

Parents
No Data
  • I don't want to go so far as to say "half-finished features"; however, from time to time I find myself longing for certain features that was present in X3 (I have not used any versions in between X3 and X8) as well as some features that I use in Illustrator (Forgive me for comparing this to Illustrator, you guys seem comfortable enough to have an Illustrator workspace so I am guessing it is ok).

BLEND
    If I draw two shape, select them and choose to "Apply" blend; then I choose New Path to make it wrap around that path (example a circle). There is sometimes a space left between the "Start" and "End" of the blend. I cannot seem to find a way to cut that blank space from the path

PATTERN
     I once changed my X3 workspace to to the Illustrator workspace and tried to create a pattern and it kind of worked but I am failing to duplicate that. Basically I create Artwork in a rectangle, hexagon, etc; then change the rectangle to a Symbol. Corel has the option to choose Edit>Create and then a dialog box pops up. At this point Illustrator allows me to tile the symbol. Then it creates a Pattern Fill (I cannot seem to use Patterns successfully in Corel and this maybe the only thing I suspected was incomplete or maybe someone can tell me how to use it) which brings me to my next suggestion...

PATTERN SWATCHES (that work like Colour Fills from Palette docker)
    Please create this feature; I need it for so many of my daily tasks. I love the new Palette docker/Palette Editor that I can customize and save. I often work with texture fills. If the Palette docker could also allow me to save my texture fills, it would be so awesome! I read someone's suggestion about using the Tray docker to store stuff we use often - I am loving the Tray docker.

Keyboard Shortcut
    Someone above mentioned switching Views. I would really love a way to switch between Enhanced and Wireframe. Customize>Commands does not allow me to set my own shortcut for that. In fact, I don't feel the need to set a shortcut for any of those things. Is there another window where I can set shortcuts for other functions?

ALIGN
    As I mentioned, I have been using X3 so I am not sure if this was changed earlier. When I align an object and then realize that it's wrong and I try to Undo (ctrl + Z) immediately; it does not work. I have to click somewhere else first - seems like such an unnecessary step.

Otherwise, I do love the progress you guys have made from X3 to X8 - Great Job. Loving X8; especially being able to change the background to Grey so I can can identify my page easily. I hope you guys don't find our suggestions too critical - CorelDraw keeps getting better and we want to do bit by contributing suggestions to improving features.

Children