Can they be trusted?

Someone in the X4 thread suggested that CorelDraw Graphic suite X8 can be purchased on Ebay for roughly $10. I am wondering whether this is some kind of scam or are these downloads legit and fully functional? do you get a legal license  so that you can upgrade to CorelDraw 2020? And how long does it take to DL one of these anyway?

• Ever heard the saying "you get what you effing pay for"?

Well... it won't be much of a loss... but you'll find it won't get you anywhere with Corel.

I have first hand experience years ago buying what I thought was legit on Ebay.  It was much more than $10... so thought it would be legit... uh... yeah..... NO.  Got my butt scammed real good.... but PayPal covered it.

The ebay purchase was a professional boot leg.  But the SERIAL number would not register or activate with Corel.  Notified them, nothing could obviously be done and really wasn't expected to be after that lesson learned.

I am sure you can find some unregistered older versions online that will legitimately work... but it's the risk you'll have to take.

Good luck.

Personally. If you can "find" a legit v2018 for a lot less than the $199 2019 upgrade... that may be better than the v2019 debacle currently.  At least you won't have that 2019 mess to deal with.  You already got 1 problem, why bring another HUGE on?

I have a funny feeling Corel will offer one more LAST DITCH EFFORT of a Update 4 for v2019 out of pure guilt before v2019 is history and onto selling us v2020 and continue the hopeless never ending loop.

Seems fixes will continue through v2020 and after with their yearly version cycle rushes.  It's just not right.  : /