CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8: Upgrade Eligibility

Hello,

Would by any chance anyone happened to know the title(s) (or cheapest way) I can upgrade a CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8.

Corel support won't answer my query only interested in selling me the latest version.

Many thanks

• Corel ended standard perpetual license upgrades around a couple years ago. You cannot use an existing CorelDRAW X8 license, or any previous license for that matter, to buy an upgrade to the current version of CorelDRAW.

In order to get the current version of CorelDRAW you have just two options. And both of those options stink, in my humble opinion.

Option #1: you can pay $249 per year for a CorelDRAW subscription. I think that annual fee is pretty steep considering all you're getting in the package is CorelDRAW and Corel PhotoPaint. I don't really count utilities like the Font Manager as full blown applications.

Option #2: you can pay $499 for a non-subscription "full" version. In order to get any upgrades of that version you must sign up for their annual "upgrade protection" program, which costs an additional $149 per year. Basically that's another subscription version. You spend $500 up front in order to save $100 off the subscription price.