How Can I save PNG files at the exact size with the highest resolution?

We have to Print and subsequently cut graphics and so its paramount that the print and cut files are saved at the same size. 

Whenever I save an image I want to get the highest resolution I can, but CorelDraw X8 seems to always change the size and resolution around when Im saving and its extremely frustrating. Even when I seem to get it right it will still save a little bit bigger or smaller.

The Maintain Size and Aspect Ratio toggles seem to only hinder this process, am I using them wrong?

Here's an example: I have a 48" x 260" image prepared. It will automatically size it down in the export menu. If I resize it I'll have to change the resolution to be low to then change the size to how it needs to be. But then its low res and I want it to be as high res as possible. If I incrementally change the resolution to be higher it appears to find the highest resolution. In this case its 115 PPI. If I open the image in the same file I saved from its slightly bigger. At 48.162 x 260.902. This will cause registration marks to be slightly off and we might not be able to cut, and if we are able to cut the cut will be off.

Parents
No Data
  • You could try using my Quick Export macro.

If the Maintain size option is checked, then the width and height in pixels will change automatically when you adjust the export resolution.

For a 260" x 48" export, here's what it looks like at 100 dpi:

Here's what it looks like at 115 dpi:

If I go higher than 115, then the macro will not let me export, and will warn that CorelDRAW has a 30,000 limit for dimension in pixels.

If I export at 115 dpi, and then open the resulting PNG file in Irfanview, the dimensions are as expected:

Children
No Data