Corel Idle CPU Usage

X8 Draw is idling in two states, one from 5%-11% cpu usage, and the other 18%-22% cpu usage.  During this time, I can hear my hard drive whirling heavily for the second state.

Opening Draw and letting it sit with no document open does not cause this idling.  Creating a new document, does not trigger the idling.  Drawing some shapes does not trigger the idling.  Adding or manipulating text does nothing improper.  CPU usage, when I put down the mouse and touch nothing shows 0%.

As soon as I export a bitmap via export selected, either jpg or png, the abnormal cpu usage while idling starts.  Sometimes it idles slightly using less cpu, and doesn't crank up my hard drive.  Some times it idles more heavily using more cpu and causes my hard drive to spin aggressively.

I can not discern why these two different states, but every time I export a bitmap, using export selected, some form of higher than expected cpu and/or drive spinning while idle begins.  

Closing the all documents, without closing Draw does not stop the high cpu usage or the disk grinding.  Only a restart does.

I could probably live with the cpu cycles, its the noise from the hard drive that is irking my nerves.

This machine is an amd quad core desktop, 16 gb ram, win 8.1 all updated, AMD Radeon R7 200 Series dedicated graphics card, 2gb video ram.  It is a normal 1TB hard drive, an not ssd.

Anyone else seeing this?  Any ideas?

• I noticed some time ago the same phenomenon. I found, at least with X4, if corel crashed and I task kill it task manager still showed 2 or 3 instances still running. I ended up creating a batch file that kills all instances of corel, deletes the temp files then launches corel again. Whenever it crashes, which since going to X7 is significantly less than X4 , I hit the batch file and all is smooth again.

• I got this idle CPU eating too on X8, ~3-6%. It begins from the very program start at 2-3% and to 3-6% with any opened document (closing a doc doesn't reduce the CPU usage). Only quitting solves the problem.

Intel Core i7-4790, 32GB, Win 10 x64 1903.

Added:

There's a solution in this post. You need to close the Welcome Screen.