Corel X8 can't save after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Guys, I'm desperate... 2day I decided to update my Windows 10 to Anniversary Update (1607 or 14393, both are correct versions)... But I didn't realize that there was so many ppl with problems... There were apps that couldn't work correctly 'till I run as Administrator... etc

But my CorelDRAW X8 is now damaged... when SAVE AS or SAVE a new document... the SAVE WINDOW DOES NOT SHOWS UP! The CorelDRAW "hangs" since I can't do anything else... it actually doesn't HANG UP... but I can't access any other options... neither does it save... I have to Ctrl+Shift+Esc (or Ctrl+Alt+Del if you prefer) and FINALIZE Corel, losing all my work... I work with Corel for living and really need a workaround... any suggestions?

PS: To work I have to create an empty document with right mouse click on a folder "New->Corel Document", open with Corel and SAVE... that's my workaround... 

PS2: Discovered that the file "CrlUISvr.exe" (C:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X8) if the problematic file... it's the Corel UI Server Library.. and it seems to be a hang problem BEFOR Update1... but mine is updated... 18.1.0.661

So, I realized that, if you Ctrl+Shift+Esc (or Ctrl+Alt+Del if you prefer) and close that "Corel UI Server Library" you can go back to work with Corel... but CAN'T SAVE AS, EXPORT, PRINT, EXPORT PDF... etc ALL those windows do not show and you can't click Corel anymore.. (except when u close that Process), so I decided to RENAME the file "CrlUISvr.exe" and the problem is gone... BUT.. what troubles will I encounter without this file? What does it really do?

PLEASE help me guys!