Corel X8 and X9 font drop down and slow performance

OK, something very strange has happened to CD X8  and X9. The font managing system is totally weird! I have only 112 fonts installed in my windows fonts folder. While CD shows 112 as the installed fonts it also shows the UNINSTALLED fonts (302). This causes the drop down to take a full 12 secs to open!.

So basically CD keeps records (cache) of these fonts that were once installed before being uninstalled. But here's what makes it real bad, I could accept it if it merely just showed the uninstalled fonts but instead it acts as if they're in fact still installed so everything is very very slowwwwww. As previously mentioned the font drop down alone takes 12 full seconds to open, then ANY action whatsoever takes about the same amount of time. Basically the fonts might as well be installed because uninstalling them does nothing whatsoever. 

So I'm guessing CD keeps records of these fonts SOMEWHERE just so if you ever need them you can immediately access them? whatever but  CORELDRAW PLEASE TELL US WHERE ON EARTH DOES IT DO THAT? so we can access it and delete? Someone mentioned the 'Font database' well I tried that, deleted the contents and nothing happened. Back to a painfully slow font drop down list and a 100% UNUSABLE program.

Remember there are ONLY 112 fonts actually installed!!! Where the hell is it storing it's font cache??

Parents
  • I think you will need to do the F8 factory reset on Corel Font Manager. This will reset the font cache and database. It will also reset the filter preferences which you may need to set up again.

The introduction of Corel Font Manager as an integral component  of CorelDRAW has introduced a host of new issues for many users. It would have been great f they had added it on to the suite as a complete stand alone program. But unfortunately this isn't the case.

Quite a few will argue to the contrary, but the very fact that an argument is necessary, proves that there is a definite issue. For many that depend on the program to work reliably, these issues are a frustration to be faced on a daily basis. There is always the personal choice that can be made to opt out and experiment with other software that suit your business needs.

I personally work with various vector software, adding new tools to my repertoire and therefore am more versatile and flexible than most others  in my vicinity. These are mere suggestions and not mandates. It is most certainly to your advantage to give it thought.

Reply Children
No Data