CorelDraw Home and Student X8 wont start

Hi Guys , 

I had installed Corel Draw home and student on a previous surface book and it was running fine. the laptop was replaced a few months ago due to a fault and when i installed corel draw on the replacement it installed fine , no errors . When i try to run any of the programs they appear to be starting but then nothing happens. i have looked through some of the forum posts and read about the font manager and renaming the V1 folder but maybe i have missed something as the problem persists. i also dont get any errors when trying to run any of the programs , they simply dont start. 

TIA Keith 

Parents
  • Hi,

If you do not have other Corel products installed and know your way with a computer, you can try the following:

First, restart your computer (this is important to ensure all programs all completely closed)

Then go in regedit

Rename "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corel" to "corelold"

Close regedit

Launch Windows Explorer, go to "C:\Users\ericsu.CORELCORP\AppData\Roaming\Corel" and rename Corel to Corelold

Close Windows Explorer

Relaunch CorelDRAW and sign back in and wait for the program to completely load.

Depending on the number of Fonts you have installed, it may take more time.

This is a step further to holding the F8 key while launching CorelDRAW to reset it. 

Reply Children