How do I change the line width of an arrowhead to match its line segment?

I have drawn a line segment of width 0.5 pt and added Arrowhead 1 (a simple V-like arrowhead) to an end of it.  However, the arrowhead that appears has a line width of 1 pt, and indeed seems to have this line width regardless of the width of the line segment.  How do I change the arrowhead line thickness to match the line segment width?  (I need to make hundreds of these arrows with different line widths and so would prefer a solution that scales well.)  Thanks.

---

UPDATE:  As one attempted workaround, I thought perhaps I could build the artwork at a scale at which all arrow line segments are naturally 1 pt wide, then select "Scale with object" for all line segments, and scale down the artwork as a whole by 50%.  However this also doesn't work -- see the screenshot below.  (I achieved the "Want" line below by applying "Convert Outline to Object" to the arrow, but I do need to keep the arrows as outlines rather than convert them to objects.)

• might try and experiment here

double-click the ink well at the bottom right of the workspace look at "attributes" under the dropdown highlighted. Might take some back and forth tweaking but once you have it you could save it as a preset

• Yes, it doesn't work.

Here's my workaround. Attached

• I think there is a problem with the way arrowheads are rendered at small line widths

If I use Arrowhead 1, it's working for me the way that I think you want it to when the line width is 1 point or larger.

I don't know exactly where the "critical" line width is, below which things get weird.

Here's a video where I set the outline to scale with the object, then repeatedly scale the shape by 95%. Note that, at some point, the arrowhead size no longer scales with the line width.