X8 Home and Student version refuses to start, asking for the password I already entered

Having bought a new computer I of course wish to transfer my CorelDraw HomeandStudentX8. I signed in to my account and removed the old installation from the product registration page. The install process went fine, and appeared to be complete up to the point where I try to launch the program. The 'get to know you' box pops up, and I tick the 'already a user' option, and add my email address and password. However a red message appears that just says 'Enter a password between 6 to 32 characters', even though the dots of the password are still clearly entered. I have now tried this many times, tried it as a new user, made multiple 'repairs' and re-installs, and much frustration. It is a different message if I put in the wrong password, so it does know I have put the right password in, but still refuses to continue. Then when I click the X it asks me to confirm I wish to cancel, and then the program shuts itself down. It now does the same on the old computer, so how do I get my CorelDraw back?