Laser an image keeping its position on the page

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me.

I've laser cut a jig to laser an item that I'll need to use regularly. The jig is square with the space for the item in the middle of it. I've set the design/cutting for the jig to unprintable in a separate layer, and worked on the design in another printable layer. To be clear, I cut the jig (the outer square) with a hairline, which is now in the unprintable layer.

The problem I'm having is that I've now creating the text/image to be engraved on the item, but every time I try and print, it prints only the test/image, essentially cropping the image out of the page. This would be fine usually, but I need the image to be in the exact same position as the item will be on the jig, so I need to send it to laser keeping its location on the page. Essentially I need the laser to see the blank space of the page size, so it keeps the text/image in the correct place.

I thought about having a raster/vector line on the image file the same size as the page size, and just cancelling the lasering for that bit but my jig is 6mm high, and the item roughly 15mm so I'll just crash the laser.

Hopefully I've explained this clearly! Can anyone offer any help please??

Thank you :-)