Error Writing ... <path\file>

This very scary message is now popping up when I click save. Since CG12 has been so crash prone I sometimes save very quickly.

"Save As" with a new file name will sometimes fix it.

Sometimes the error will quit appearing. I'm dreadfully terrified there may be file corruption at some point.

The PC has about 2GB of RAM; Intel "586" dual processor; SATA drives (RAID 10) (where *.cdr files reside) (power terminated properly); C:\ drive is an indepenedent IDE drive of its own (CG12 Runs from Program Files on C:\); The Page file has been reset to much larger; Compression has been turned off in "Options;" Latest service pack to CG12 is applied: <version.x.x.536> on "About Corel Draw" from help menu.

I've been running "Disk Cleanup" about every month. Disk Defragmenter came up in late December of 2007 and said the C:\ drive needed defragging. It said the L:\ drive (SATA) was fine and did not need defragging.

Is the file getting saved too much, i.e. getting too old? (Like a time-stamp on the file problem?) (Not enough seconds have elapsed and CG12 goes bonkers?) I don't know if it is a WinXP CRC failure message.

--Christopher 1041--