New computer transfer

Hello there,

Excuse the extremely low level of 'techxpertise' - just made that word up! - that I have but I really don't use it (CorelDRAW 12) much myself. But I need to be able to transfer it onto our new computer so I can print all our CorelDRAW DVD labels, covers etc.

I can't get hold of the original disc as it was installed when living in France some years ago! It may be in a box in a barn in storage there but I can't be sure. Anyway, I've just bought a new computer (here in the Highlands of Scotland!) and have had great difficulty transferring ANYTHING at all - the old computer's OS is a pretty old xp, WITHOUT Windows Easy Transfer! So I'm trying to transfer everything bit by bit, programme by programme, but I can't find instructions as to how to do that with Corel, only how to transfer a Workspace into an already-present Corel programme. The whole thing is a problem right now as the transferred files from the old computer, currently on an external hard-drive, are .DAT and the new Windows Vista's WET is expecting .MIG files!

Once again, apologies if this seems very tech-ignorant!

Any help,/advice would be hugely appreciated.

Jonathan

Parents
  • You cannot simply transfer the files over from one computer to another as CorelDRAW adds specific registry entries, as well as files in the system folder. In addition, my understanding is that there are some known issues running CorelDRAW 12 on Windows Vista. If you still have your proof of purchase, you are eligible to get the upgrade of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4.

Gérard

Reply Children