opens blank page only

i have been working on this project in corel draw12 for several weeks now, as it is or/was coming to its final stages a few days ago it now only opens a blank page, it is 2.14 gb and it will get bigger as it reaches its final stages.
i can still see it in preview. when it was opening it took a very long time to open i realise the reason for this is the size im using very high resolution images and designing and editing
please can you assist to resolve this , or maybe there is another program that you may recommend that will support the size so i can complete my work. pleas help. thank you

i found a backup  copy  but it will not import the size is 1.70 gb seems its still too large to  open ,

i don't think it has anything to do with memory , i have a full drive laptop is new. my thoughts are that corel draw will not open a file that size, and you are right about  breaking it up i should have worked  in several sheets but saved them desperately.

i thought i would  try your advice but how do i break it up now  please explain it will not open. thanks.

Parents
No Data
  • No promises, but this may be worth a try.

Create a new, empty CDR file and try importing your broken document into it.

Also look around for any "backup_of_....." copies that may be on your drive. Don't open them, but try importing into an empty file too.

Third possibility is that somebody else with either more memory, more free disc space or a later version or CorelDraw might be able to open the document.

And whatever else, if you do manage to open it then the absolute first priority should be to follow SinGuy's suggestion and save it in sections each with about a quarter of the pages you currently have.

Children
No Data