Corel Draw 12 crashes after opening object manager docker

Hello. I have an odd problem, I have recently gotten a new laptop with windows 8.1 and reinstalled my CorelDraw Graphics 12 onto it with no problems. However, when I open an image or start a new image, the moment I try to open the object manager docker, the whole thing shuts down immediately. It only occurs when I have an open layer in the image (i.e. if I open the program, but do not open a "new" image, I can open the object manager with no problems) but as soon as I open a new layer, the thing shuts down.  

Anyone have any thoughts? I love this programme and want to keep using it.

I am running Windows 8.1 but was running the same operating system on my old laptop which worked fine with this program. There is something else going on. I have tried running it in compatibility mode, as an administrator, increasing the memory available to it etc... Everything. It opens fine and I can manipulate images with no issues, until I open that object manager docker.

Angela :)

Parents
No Data
  • Old post I know but thought best mention my findings just in case anyone is having the same issue. I could not find an answer to this problem anywhere else.

My 10 year old computer has been running Coreldraw 12 with out any issues, started out with Vista, Win 7 & 8, now 10 with no problems. I did get crashing problems with Coreldraw with Hyperthreading enabled in the BIOS thus running my CPU as a virtual 8 core rather than 4 so as long as it was disabled and running as a 4 core computer all was good. 

Now I have a new computer (2020) with six cores and I was getting the same crashing problem every time I either opened an existing design, importing an image or opening object manager. I went into the motherboard BIOS and reduced the cores from 6 to 4 and for me it solved the crashing problem. So, for some reason Coreldraw 12 does not like computers with more than 4 cores.

Children
No Data