Clipboard manager with .cdr support

Hi All.

Does anyone know of a simple clipboard manager that supports .cdr objects. I've just been playing around with Ditto, but can't get it to support CorelDraw.
Just want to be able to store multiple object/s on the clipboard  without them being converted to a bitmap. Possible with text and bitmaps but is it possible with CorelDraw objects.

Anyone

Cheers

Sark

Parents
No Data
  • Does anyone know of a simple clipboard manager that supports .cdr objects. I've just been playing around with Ditto, but can't get it to support CorelDraw.
    Just want to be able to store multiple object/s on the clipboard  without them being converted to a bitmap. Possible with text and bitmaps but is it possible with CorelDraw objects.

I know about clipboard managers that handle text and some types of images, and some other clipboard formats, but I am unaware of one that can save multiple clips of the full "custom data" that CorelDRAW can copy/paste. If you ever find out about such a clipboard manager, then please let us know!

You mention in another post that there are other ways of saving objects in Draw. I wrote a little bit of VBA code to make it easier to use one of those ways: storing the objects in CorelDRAW documents.

When run, this macro carries out a "Save As Copy" of the active document, including only the active selection. The filename is based on the name of the active document, and also adds a time stamp - e.g., "From MyDocument  2018-05-24 230256.cdr". In the current version of the macro, the folder path is specified as a constant.

The files that are created can then be imported into CorelDRAW documents using drag-and-drop from that folder. It's not exactly like copying/pasting, to the extent that the imported content comes in as a group.

VIDEO: Save Selection To Temporary

For recording that video, I used DeskPins to keep that folder in front of the CorelDRAW window. For CorelDRAW versions that have it, another alternative is to use the Connect docker to access the contents of that folder.

Children