I have CorelDraw suite 12. I did a trial of 2018. I am not purchasing it, but it converted all my files to 2018 and now I can't open them. HELP

I have CorelDraw suite 12.  I did a trial of 2018.  I am not purchasing it, but it converted all my files to 2018 and now I can't open them.  HELP  This is very upsetting because I have a lot of files in version 12 that I use and can't open them at all.  Am I going to be forced in to buying 2018?  I can not afford it.

• CorelDRAW 2018 doesn't convert files automatically. Windows show the latest installed version. If you install another version, such as X4, Windows will rename files as "CorerlDRAW X4 files"

if you have both (or more) versions installed, Windows will use tthe most recent INSTALLED versiion, for open files with double click or enter on the file. That doesn't means that the was converted to version 2012. You can already open CorelDRAW 12, go to File/open and open the file.

If you uninstall the 2018 version after the trial period, your CDR files will be associated with version. If you notice some issues regarding this point, you can go to Windows control panel, select CorelDRAW 12 and choose "repair"