Blank cdr files --

I have searched here and other places for help on this but have yet to find anything that helps. I recognize that this is not a new subject, but it just occurred for me and I've not solved it.

Yesterday I attempted to open a CDR file and got a blank page. This file had been opened from time to time, no edits/saves so I believe it to be sound. I attempted to open others and found some that open as blanks and others that open fine. File sizes are not massive, the largest about 2M.  This is CorelDraw 12, currently on a Win10 platform. The last edit dates on the file that I 1st found in trouble is well over a year ago, but I had opened a month or so ago.  I'm suspecting a Windows update of some kind may have altered something, but that is nothing but a hunch. Any suggestions, recommendations, thoughts?

Lyle D

Parents
No Data
  • Hi Lyle!

Would you like to share a troublesome file on this forum?

I could maybe try it on my system to see if it works.

Respectfully, CorelDRAW 12 is beginning to be quite an old version. You might also be right about a Windows Update corrupting your program. You have to understand, Windows constantly upgrading for better performances adapted to better computer internal and external peripherals, software, etc. Newer programming might have a tendency to leave out the programming of an 18 year old program.

IMHO, I'd think about upgrading. But that belongs to me.

Children
No Data