RGB or CMYK?

I am curious about what palette to use for what purpose. I know you are supposed to use CMYK palette when designing for separations printing processes, but on the other hand - you could use the RGB palette just as well, if you have a color calibrated system and a printer profile and if you leave a PDF to the printer, which I suppose most people do. It works if you set the color output to CMYK and use the printer ICC profile for conversion.

So, what is your choice regarding color models? It would be interesting to hear how you all work.

Parents
No Data
  • > you could use the RGB palette just as well, if you have a color calibrated system and a printer profile and if you leave a PDF to the printer

What you're describing has become the fodder of many color management books.  Unfortunately if you're a quality minded individual and have invested in setting up a calibrated system and controlled work environment you will quickly find out that you can almost always improve your RGB to CMYK conversions by doing them manually, then placing the CMYK image into your Draw document.

Make sure that you use Draw in RGB mode for RGB work and CMYK mode for CMYK work and coordinate the CM settings in PP and Draw.

Children
No Data