Applying printer profile in the printer dialog

This is a subject that has caused me quite a bit of confusion over the years. I notice now that the warning message in the print dialog looks like this, I think it has been updated in the last version:

Details: Color output to this device will be calibrated using the currently selected composite color profile. If the driver for this device is also set to do color correction, it may happen twice which will cause inconsistant results. Suggestions: If you wish to use the printer driver color correction, turn off the "Apply ICC profile" option under the Misc tab. If you wish to use Corel's color correction, turn off color correction in the printer driver by choosing "Properties" under the General tab.

So if I understand this correctly, the checkbox in the print dialog/misc tab, should only be checked if I want to apply the color correction as specified in the printer driver? Has this got nothing to do with the printer profile selected in the Color Management module? I have a hard time believing this, because when I change printer profile in the CM module, the printer profile also changes in the print dialog/misc tab.

To me it seems that an attempt was made to clarify this checkbox and what it does, and it ended up adding some more confusion. Can someone with some insight explain this and how it interacts with the CM module?

Parents
No Data
  • I have had this suggestion of turning off color management in CorelDRAW by AB *** who makes our RIP. Since we mostly send grayscale images and use spot color (which is just a grayscale image colored to suit your choice for ease of use, not a CMYK image and is not affected by color management), I just ignore them and let it be.

I have found that if I am outputting to CMYK to a .pdf and have changed the image to CMYK, that my image sometimes suffers when it has two different color management profiles assigned to it. So what I do in that case, I leave my images RGB when I am outputting to .pdf though I am using CMYK text. Works fine.

When I send a .pdf to our RIP, I have no problem with that. When I have made my images CMYK and got the same warning in Print Preview, I have just ignored it, it does not change my color output to the RIP. If I am outputting to .pdf, I use RGB for images but I use CMYK when I output occasionally to the RIP. The color management I am using works fine. No problem. In this case AB *** representative did not know what they were talking about. My own experience has shown me what works.  

Children