administration-level account

My computer installed OK but when I went to run it, said "log in using an administrator level account". I have used Corel Draw graphocs Suite X3 since version 4 long ago and got this Home Vista and can seem to do it. Anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks!

•  OK, sounds like you may be running on a limited user account, but it might be something else. Are you running Home Basic or Home Premium? There are some major differences.

Try this: Right click on CorelDRAW from the Start menu and choose Properties. On the Shortcut tab, click the Advanced button if you can. If it isn't grayed out, check Run as administrator.

If that doesn't work, you may need to log into the Administrator user account and get them to open the same Properties dialog, but in the Security tab, edit the permissions so that your user has permission to run the program.

If those don't help, check back and let us know.

Check out my new "Intro to Vista" course at LVS!

http://www.lvsassociates.com/register/product_info.php?products_id=255

Have fun!

Val P. 

• If you cannot give power-user or administrative rights to your account, you can try to use the "run as..." feature to launch the application as an administrator while running your normal account.

Gérard