Print Drivers....

I am trying to print a file that the previous designer (the person i am replacing)  has printed in the past many times. we have 2 print drivers that we use.  I have little knowledge of what the differences are between them, but I was told to use our PCL to print Business Cards and the PS to print eveything else. 

This project contains a few Jpegs, some fountain fills and some solids.  I printed with the PS driver, since this project was not a business card, and the fills all looked great but the Jpegs were all washed out.  So I tried with the PCL driver and the Pictures looked good but all the fills were way off when compared to my sample.  I am the only designer in my office and the previous designer left on bad terms so I have limited resources.  Any thoughts?

Parents
  • What you're experiencing is the diiference in how Corel handles PS and non-postscript print streams.  Most likely is is because your color management settings are off. 

Try this when you print to the PS driver under th MISC tab try sending bitmaps as RGB.  Alos try activating the colo rmanagement properly, Internal RGB sRGB arrow activate to monitor and separations printer.

Color management can be an interesting concept let me suggest my book atwww.graphictechnology.com  and a couple posts on this forum, orange and raspberry, colors automatically changing.

Reply Children
No Data