Where are custom brushes stored?

I created a custom rope brush and it took awhile to get it right. I'd like to store it in a file on a flash drive so I can keep it in case I need to reload Draw on a new computer. Can someone tell me where to find it?

Parents
No Data
  • Is this something that you saved using "Save As Artistic Media Stroke"?

If it is, then when saving, you can explore in the "Save As" dialog to see the folder path.

If I save an Artistic Media stroke in X3, the default location is C:\Users\[my user name]\AppData\Roaming\Corel\Graphics13\User Draw\CustomMediaStrokes.

It is great that you are thinking about protecting an asset that you've spent some time on.

To take it a step further, you could use something like FreeFileSync to maintain a mirror copy of all of those "user" folders for Draw. Workspaces, macros, palettes, whatever - it's there if you need it later.

When I do that sort of thing with FreeFileSync, I set it up so that when updating the mirror, it saves time-stamped copies of any files that are changed or deleted. So, I not only have a mirror, but I also have a history. Workspace mysteriously gets ill? Turn back time to one that wasn't sick.

Children
No Data