Color management for composite printer

Hi,

I am sending artwork to be printed on a large-format composite printer. The design emanates from a website background and is therefore in RGB. But that shouldn't be a problem should it? I mean it would be just the same as sending a photo to a composite printer and you never convert to CMYK in those cases.

Anyway, to get the brightest colors/largest color space I have assigned and converted the document to AdobeRGB, but now I wonder: should it suffice to mention to the service bureau that the PDF is in AdobeRGB?

I mean if I convert to CMYK I might get duller colors than possible. If I retain aRGB color space, it's only their ink and paper that sets the limit. If they only know that the PDF is in aRGB they should use that as an input profile and then use the optimum profile for their output, right?

One other thing I am curious about in connection with this. Why must I embed both RGB and CMYK colour profiles if I want CorelDraw to remember what RGB profile is? I mean it takes 1,75 MB just for the profiles only. If I could embed just the aRGB profile, it would be a lot less, around a few kB I think. And If I want to send it to a composite printer, like above, it wouldn't use the CMYK profile anyway, would it?