'Phantom formatting codes' in Copy Editor

Ventura 10, Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit

1. Sometimes a portion of text won't display in Page Layout. I've discovered that when this happes there are sometimes 'pages' of codes (i.e. <F255>, <P255>) in the Copy Editor, and when I delete them, the text displays correctly. So this is 'almost' solved.

2. Again, in the Copy Editor, some 'phantom formatting codes' appear by themselves.

In the below example, I'm using ONLY Garamond 11 pt as a type face. (I have other fonts installes on my machine), and in some chapters the code <F"Liberation Sefir"> appears at the end of EVERY line. It doesn't seem to affect anything, but it bothers me. It's also a hassle to remove, because I can ony do it 'manually,' as it will not be picked up by Find/Replace.

Another code, <RGB (O,0,0)> also appears at times. (I never change font colours). This one is weird, sometimes attaching itself to an Italics code: <IRGB (0,0,0)>. When I delete it maunally, it immediately appears at the end of the line OR at the end of the Italics code. Applying a 'Normal' attribute doesn't eliminate these codes.

Any thoughts?

Example 1:

If I delete the <RGB (0.0.0)> code it will reappearat the end of the sentence as: <RGB (0,0,0)><F "Liberation Serif">. Once deleted(again)  it seems to stay undeleted.

Other than things like applying Italics, there is no formatting other than Body Text or Italics.

Example 2:

If I delete the <IRGB...> it reappears behind tata as <I!RGB (0,0,0)>

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

mario