how to set registration point for objects

How do you set a registration point for a corel designer object.

I have found the Object Coordinates Origin feature, but it does not seem to affect my object's coordinates.

thanks,

dewbare

• To position an object by x and y coordinates Back to Top

Select an object.
    If you want to change the object origin, click a point on the Object origin button on the property bar.

Type values in the following boxes:
    x — lets you position the object on the x-axis
    y — lets you position the object on the y-axis
    The x and y values specify the exact position of the object origin.

Press Enter.
    The object origin, also known as “anchor point” or “reference point,” can be the center of an object or any one of the object’s selection handles. The object origin remains stationary when an object is positioned by typing values in the x and yboxes on the property bar.

FOR MORE INFO: click on HELP (F1)  > "Help Topics" look  up for Positioning Objects.

• if you have CorelDraw X6 there is a tutorial
    working with page layout the explanation is very clear... click the welcome screen then the learning tool

then click the video tutorials then click working with Page layout .

• X & Y Values would work in context with the object coordinate settings.

Example : Draw a rectangle and keep it selected.
    Set object origin to bottom left and feed '0' in X and Y values
    Result : The bottom left of rectangle will be aligned to X0 & Y0 i.e. bottom left of the page (If defaults are not changed by you)

The object origin may not have any effect unless you set it and change the X & Y Values or to that matter any values for transforming an object. Changing only the object origin will modify or say update the X & Y values to show its current status.

dewbare said:
    I have found the Object Coordinates Origin feature, but it does not seem to affect my object's coordinates.