X6 premium subscription upgrades to X7?

I have X6 right now, no premium subscription.  Corel website is saying I can buy the premium subscription for $99 and describes the membership as enabling one to upgrade.  I remember before that a premium subscription allows one to upgrade to any future versions.  And it also states that on the link, from the menu item for About CorelDraw Membership.  

However, all the FAQ information is for CorelDraw 7.  Elsewhere, the upgrade price is listed at $199.   I remember the premium subscription was always $99.

So, what are my options to upgrade from X6 to X7?

I might not understand what the premium membership is either.  I know one gets new features as their are created, even though they may not be released.  Corel also describes it as that you will have access to the next major upgrade as long as your membership is active.  For example, if you subscribe 5 years, get upgrades, then unsubscribe, all major upgrades are reverted to your original purchase version?  However, corel also states that membership "upgrades to the latest version of CorelDraw" also.

I don't know if I am confused, or if Corel is making it unnecessarily confusing now that there is a new version out.

• bill said:
    Corel website is saying I can buy the premium subscription for $99

If you take out a subscription now, I would expect it to be for the X7 product. And if you continue to renew the subscription whenever it expires, you should also get X8 and X9 when they come out. But if you can give us the URL of the page that says $99, it might help to understand what you are being offered, and why.

$99 sounds good, if it is for a complete year. But remember that with a subscription, you will not be able to continue using the versions obtained through the subscription if you choose not to renew it when the subscription expires. And if the $99 price is not still available when it is time to renew, you may need to pay more than that to renew it.

• bill said:

I might not understand what the premium membership is either.  I know one gets new features as their are created, even though they may not be released.  Corel also describes it as that you will have access to the next major upgrade as long as your membership is active.  For example, if you subscribe 5 years, get upgrades, then unsubscribe, all major upgrades are reverted to your original purchase version?  However, corel also states that membership "upgrades to the latest version of CorelDraw" also.

My understanding is that users whose premium memberships expire revert to the last full release they downloaded. So, in the example you offer, once that five year premium membership expired, the user would revert to the most recent full version he/she downloaded during that five years.

In clearer terms: I started my premium membership when X6 was the latest full release. Had I cancelled my membership before the release of X7-full, I would have lost the premium features in my X6 installation and reverted to the original X6 release (though I would get all corrective patches and hot fixes). Now that I have downloaded X7-full, were I to cancel my membership before X8, I would revert to X7. So if you cancel, you don't necessarily revert to the full version you had when you began your premium membership. You revert to the last full version you downloaded, whatever that full version is.

Hope that made sense!

• Hello Bill; I think it is best to Call the number that is for purchasing the program, and ask what you are going to get for how much money.

George

• Hello Bill,

you are entitled to the latest updates and upgrades as long as you have a valid premium membership. If you have an active X6 Premium Membership today, then you are eligible to get X7 today. If your Premium Membership has expired, then you cannot get X7. 

When your premium membership expires, you will revert to the latest major release you got part of the membership, but the "premium features" included in the updates of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite will no longer be available. In other words, if you get X7 part of your Premium Membership, you will keep that version forever, but if you got new features part of X7.1 / X7.2 for example, you will revert back to the feature level of X7 when your membership expires. These features that are made available in an update are really an early access to functionality that will get released with the next major release.

Hope this helps.

Gérard

PS: you might want to check in your CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 if you can get a premium membership, I believe we have a grace period for a limited time ;-)